• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rubber paychecks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

littleatx

My fiancee works for a small construction company in Texas. Recently, as the company has fallen on hard times, his boss has given him checks days late, withheld the check and in one case, wrote an nsf payroll check. They have been giving payroll checks about a week late and they owe my fiancee an expense check for reimbursement of supplies and materials he purchased for the company in the approximate amount of $3500.00. Some of these expenses are as much as 5 months overdue. The office secretary told my fiancee that the boss said she has no intention of paying anyone's expenses. What leagl rights do we have to get his money coming to him? If the company files bankruptcy are they immune from any potential lawsuits we could bring against them?
Thank you in advance,
Andrea

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">