• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rumor of being fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dream953395

What is the name of your state?NJ

Hi, I work in the new home field , i dont do construction but i do many jobs pre and post settlement. The rumor is i am to be fired in the next month and to be honest it might be a blessing. My concern is my boss lieing so he dont have to pay unemployment. Im a single mom and cant offered to not have something coming in until i find another job.Ive been with this company for 7 years i do what ever jobs i am told to do even if it is digging a ditch or whatever. I havent had a raise in a couple years now when others have. I get passed by when there are advancements in the company for other employees. Others have been hired making twice as much as me. But i never stopped doing my jobs 100% in the hopes that someday my boss would see this.Yes i am the only female on this job not that i ever used that to my advantage i just look at myself as one of the guys but had to work harder to prove myself .. I just want to know if i get fired will i have a leg to stand on when it comes to claiming unemployment?
Thanks for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">