• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Running Interference

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MonieLove

I have been working for the government for quite some time, and am classified as a career employee. i have had a satisfactory relationship up until now.

One month ago, a VISITING physician walked into my office and literally told me to "get out" because she was going to do acupuncture in my office on a certain day DURING my scheduled work hours. Of course, I was quite miffed and the situation became quite heated. There was no prior communication either from her superior or mine, and to date, still isn't! When I broached my supervisor about this, he told me to "work in the library". I cannot take my work to another area 1)because of its sensitivity, and 2)because it is not physically feasible(i.e. too many materials to carry safely). The officials refuse to address this. What rights do I have? She is interfering with my ability to work by comandeering my area during a scheduled tour of duty. I am uncomfortable with the treatment being done in my work space(needles) and this situation is creating a hostile work environment. i am now being treated for stress-related ailments as a result of this.

It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees. Emilio Zapata

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">