• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Safe job to consider as 'Independent Contractor' ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CaliforniaJay

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I am just double checking here to make sure that I do in fact have
job(s) that can be assigned to people on an 'independent contractor' basis.

The contracted person or company will:

- be free to work on their own hours.
- be free to work for other companies while working on this contract.
- be free to hire other people to complete the contract on time.
- be free to complete the contract in any lawful manner.
- be free to use whatever mode of transportation the prefer.
- be free to develop any system of completing the project as long as the expected end result is returned.
- be given a fixed date that the project must be completed by in order to be paid.
- be given a fixed amount that will be paid upon satisfactory completion of the contract.
- be required to have their own tools required to complete the contract (in this case a writing utencil, digital camera, and probably some mode of transportation)
- be required to have the skills to operate a digital camera profeciently enough to take clear pictures of the requested objects.

- be given a printed paper list of addresses something like this:

[ ] 1234 Mockingbird Lane Suite 1
[ ] 1234 Mockingbird Lane Suite 8
[ ] 1248 Mockingbird Lane
[ ] 1399 Mockingbird Lane
etc...

They will be required to use the list provided (or a copy of it) go to the addresses & check off the addresses that they see are valid.

They will also be required to provide one digitial picture of each street sign (one per street name).

Providing this is all written up as a contract, would this be a safe job for 'independent contractor' status in California?

Is there anything I can add/do to make it safer to remain as independent contractor status?

Thanks!

AUGOLDMINER

independent contractor

and if something goes wrong you get sued and not them also if you get hurt on the job thay doint get nailed by workmans comp." been there saw that"

pattytx

Goldminer, that's why you put all the responsibilities and obligations of each party in the IC agreement which, OP, I suggest you have an attorney draft up for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">