• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

safty at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shalila

What is the name of your state? california. can i be fired for walking of my shift because my drunk manager is yelling at me and demanding that i serve a coworker and her boyfriend who have threatend numerouse times on and off the job and threw a phone at me,hitting me on the back of my head. Its a very dangerouse bar. is the owner responsible for his employees safety? and if not than why is it can he dictate who gets served or not. If ive already been hurt once by this couple why should i have to risk myself with them again. I feel really unsafe at work because of being forced to serve alcohal to people who threaten to do harm me and have. do i have to risk my safety again.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

shalila said:
What is the name of your state? california. can i be fired for walking of my shift because my drunk manager is yelling at me and demanding that i serve a coworker and her boyfriend who have threatend numerouse times on and off the job and threw a phone at me,hitting me on the back of my head. Its a very dangerouse bar. is the owner responsible for his employees safety? and if not than why is it can he dictate who gets served or not. If ive already been hurt once by this couple why should i have to risk myself with them again. I feel really unsafe at work because of being forced to serve alcohal to people who threaten to do harm me and have. do i have to risk my safety again.

My response:

You're not liked by your boss, and your not liked by the customers - - to the point of having telephones thrown at you.

I guess finding a new bar to work at is out of the question, right?

IAAL

R

Ramoth

:rolleyes: Some people should be banned from posting here.

Can you be fired? Yes. California is an at-will state, and you can be fired for walking off the job. Quite frankly, from what you post I'm surprised you didn't just quit. Had you simply refued to serve the drunks, you may have had some job protection, but that would depend on a number of variables, and is a moot point since you walked. Count yourself lucky to be out of there, and move on.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
IAAL, you know I love you, right? :)

Ramoth is a good friend of mine, here at my suggestion. She's very knowledgeable and is the person I go to with all payroll questions. She and Beth and I have all known each other about 5 years or so now. She's just new here; I neglected to explain to her that you are The Man, worthy of honor and respect and treatment with dignity. Mea culpa.

She's young; she'll learn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">