• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salar Reductions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

karrie

salary reduction

A gentleman I know recently (5 Months) took a position with a company (and left one) with the agreement his salary would have to be a certain $ amount. Now the company is cutting his salary almost $5.00 per hr. It is a company wide new pay rate proposal. This is to go into effect in 1 wk. Is this allowed? What are his right, or does he have any?

crager34

question

If a company has the right to give a person a raise, why wouldn't they have a right to take money away? This is consistant with "rights to work" for employee's. A company has to look out for their bottom line first. If they need to cut back, then they need to cut back.

crager34

wwooooaa

Sorry you didn't like my response...no need to yell (ALL CAPS). If I missed something, please let me know.

crager34

Salar Reduction

Your friends is doing the best possible thing, by tyring to take care of it internally. Depending upon his approach, he might achieve satisfactory results.

If the pay decrease was due to the needs of the business, then I don't beleive there is much he can do. I am not a lawyer, I am basing it on my own experiences. A small department shut down at a previous job of mine. There was work for everone at the company, the company was doing great, but not for all at the same level. Some took pay cuts, others left the company. Not the same, I know, but maybe you can see the point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">