• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

salary employee w/o compinsation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jasper24

I AM A SALARY EMPLOYEE. PAID 40HRS. P/WK. I HAVE BEEN WORKING 45+HRS. P/WK W/O COMPINSATION. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO? ISN'T THAT ILLEGAL? THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS NOW. :confused:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are legitimately salaried (i.e. exempt), you don't get overtime. That's what exempt means.

However, not all jobs can be legitimately classified as exempt. Since you give no clues as to what your job duties entail, I cannot make a judgement as to whether you are legitimately classified as exempt or not. You can go to the DOL website (www.dol.gov) to find a description of the job descriptions that can legitimately be classified as exempt.

One thing; if you are NOT legitimately exempt, it is still okay to pay you on a salaried basis, as long as you get overtime when earned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">