• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salary vs Hourly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

ZinToledo

I am a salaried salesperson. I am required to carry pager and cell phone at all times (although not detail in "at will" employment contract). I am also required to phone into the office on personal days off, vacations, or any other day that I happen not to be in the office (again, not detailed in "at will" employment contract".

Recently, after using all of my vacation and sick days - I took an additional day off. Management docked me for 1 day pay. I argued that since I had no option of adding days or banking time that I should not be docked. Also argued that since I had to work several Saturdays through-out the year (for no additional pay - let alone time and a half!) that I should not get docked the days pay.

Help!

Z

L

loku

It sounds like you have a contract of employment. If you are entitled to the pay for the day you took off under the contract, then you have a valid claim; also, if the company has a set policy about such pay and they have violated their own policy. Otherwise, you have not legal claim for the pay.

The usual remedy for those with oppressive jobs is to find another job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">