• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sales commission scheme

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kdubry

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I was hired in May 2003 and signed an employment contract that included the sales commission scheme that would apply to my position. I was paid my sales commission using that cheme. This year, the new sales & marketing manager is changing the commision scheme for the entire organisation changing my package for a lower overall commission scheme. Is it legal to change part of my employment contract ?

Beth3

Maybe. It all depends on whether the document you refer to is a bonafide contract (as opposed to just an offer letter or employment agreement) and whether it includes any language that allows the employer to amend the terms of employment.

Since this is a contract issue, you'll have to show the document in question to a local attorney to get an answer to your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">