• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sales Commissions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flowtap

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I am a salaried, plus commissioned sales professional. My employment agreement states that commissions are earned when they account is paid in full. I will be giving my two weeks notice and I want to assure I receive commissions that have been paid. However, my concern is my current employer will fire me immediately. When should I expect to receive my final paycheck and should that paycheck include all commissions that have been paid to date?

Thankyou!

pattytx

If you quit, your paycheck for regular wages is due on the regularly scheduled payday for the pay period that includes your last day worked, even if the employer does not allow you to work out your notice.

Does the agreement contain a provision that requires you to be an active employee at the time commissions are paid? This would not be an illegal provision in PA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">