• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

salon shop labor laws?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lauradeason

In a small salon business with two owners and four employees, and each separate person has thier own license(cosmetology), is it illegal to keep a record of clients formulas at home also, or if you quit the salon, and your clients follow you to a different place, are you able to call your old salon and get the record card or information? If the owner says you can't? And when people call looking for the stylist who left, and the owner says you can't tell them where they are or give any info.? This seems wrong to me? Can the salon owner make up all these rules? Does he own all the clients that come into the salon even though they come to you to get thier service in a commission based salon? Is tere a place where I can go on the internet that will give me some laws or answers? thanks.L.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

It depends on your type of employment. DId you sign anything that said such formulas and clients MUST remain with this salon?

Stupid sounding, huh?

Clients can go to whomever they like. If your client wants to go with you, you should keep a separate record for yourself.

The salon owner has no recourse. But don't solicit these clients. Just let them know you are moving to a new salon.

Lawyers do this all the time.

L

lauradeason

Can the salon owner fire me for keeping a color formula separate record at home? I did not sign anything. He told me he would fire me if I gave any info to some former employees of thier clients-can he do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">