• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

schedule avalibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lcolwell

i have been with the same company for 5 years and transfered to hawaii. during the last year i have returned to school and dropped to part time. to them part time is 20 hours or more. i have given them my avalibility of the same 3 days a week. which i was working at b4 they fired another asst. and was told they would be hiring another. i understand the at will type of position but my company has "personal action" forms in which they state the problem and what will the next stage of action will be if the problem occurs again. does that change the situation if they try to fire me over my limited avalibility and do i have any recourse if they try to consider me "at-will". thank you for your time

L

loku

"Personal action" forms

If the situation you are in is the type of situation in which they use the “personal action” forms and they do not comply with their procedure with those forms, you may have a case of wrongful termination. It depends on whether they use of the forms amounts to company policy. If it does, then they could be bound by the policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">