• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sears parttime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paparon

What is the name of your state? Michigan
Sears has stated that we need to sign a letter, comitting to the company, that we will work our hours and be available for all weekends, and a few other things that we are fine with, the problem is this part of the letter..

"Associates ackonwledges that the company reserves the right to move the associates to part time status at any time, including, but not limited to, changes to the extend where the bussiness requirements are not being met."

my concern is if I sign this letter and they decide to move me to a part time status and I say I won't do it and they fire me , that it will affect my unemployment status, because I signed this letter okaying the move, needless to say we are being pressured to sign the letter by this friday 03-31-06...
please respond a.s.a.p

Last edited:

paparon

paparon]What is the name of your state? Michigan
Sears has stated that we need to sign a letter, comitting to the company, that we will work our hours and be available for all weekends, and a few other things that we are fine with, the problem is this part of the letter..

"Associates ackonwledges that the company reserves the right to move the associates to part time status at any time, including, but not limited to, changes to the extend where the bussiness requirements are not being met."

my concern is if I sign this letter and they decide to move me to a part time status and I say I won't do it and they fire me , that it will affect my unemployment status, because I signed this letter okaying the move, needless to say we are being pressured to sign the letter by this friday 03-31-06...
please respond a.s.a.p[/QUOTE]

eerelations

Your employer has the right to change your atatus to part time anytime it wants (and fire you if you say you won't go), even if you DON'T sign this letter. The reason (probably) that your employer wants you to sign this letter is that if it ever does move you to part time status, you won't be able to say they didn't warn you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">