• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Self employment background check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA
I've recently started looking for a job and realize many employers are now performing background checks and very stringent prior employment verification. I have been self employed on and off doing small at home businesses for the last 7 yrs. Prior to that I was in a corporate position for years, but left after having my third child. Now, third child is in grade school so I'm wanting to get back into the work force. How will potential employers verify my self employment activities for the prior 7 yrs.?

swalsh411

Did you prepare any financial statements? Order logs? Receipts?

Barring that you could show your tax returns.

I still have my accounting software and all the data backed up so I could print out financial statements. I just didn't know if that would be enough. I can also provide them with contact information with vendors that I regularly did business with.

RPrunell

Really, if you have financial statements and some basic paperwork that should be enough. Just ask what they want and do your best to provide it to them. That's all you can do.

cfirstcorp

background check services

Just don't worry about the background check, if you didn't do anything wrong. You are paying tax regularly and no criminal background. It's only bad for the cheaters.

eerelations

Just don't worry about the background check, if you didn't do anything wrong. You are paying tax regularly and no criminal background. It's only bad for the cheaters.
It's very unlikely that OP will return after more than five years to see your response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">