• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

self emplyed husband had an affair with our employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

supergirl0

my husband is self employed, and had a 2 month affair with our employee. he left me and our 2 teenage daughters and moved in with her. during there affair he cosigned for a $10,000 used car loan for her. the affair is over and she still works at our company, my husband is afraid she may get devious and file sexual harassment charges against him. and i am afraid she won't pay her car loan and we will be stuck with it. he offered to buy the car from her, but she said no way i know my rights and it is mine. the finance company said that her payment is due on the 20th of each month with a 10 day grace period. if she is 11 days late on her payment do we have the right to tow the car to our yard? can she really sue him for sexual harassment? please any advice you could give would be apreciated.we live in michigan

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

One could always sue for whatever they want. Whether this person prevails or not is a different story. She won't prevail in any reasonable court of law === they had an affair. This will lessen her claim of sexual harassment and discount any testimony she has.

As to the car loan, if the two of them co-signed, and she is the primary person responsible for payment, check your state law. See if she is late like you said, if the co-signer has the right to tow car (repossess) and take her off the car loan, etc. In essence, can he take it away from her. I think if she is the primary and he is the co-signer, she still keeps the car, but he becomes responsible for payment.

As to what I am truly concerned about is the fact you and him are still together. No judgments, just this: you seem like an intelligent woman, why waste your time with a blatant cheater. No excuses of "for the kids sake".

I say this because did you know you can possibly sue this woman for breaking up your marriage? Remember the case where the woman won a million dollars from the mistress? See, via an attorney, if this is feasible in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">