• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seniority in pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jackhunter

im presently employeed by a company for 28 years. i was hourly under contract for the first 17 years. at this time i elected to have a salary position. i was in a salary position for 10 1/2 years. i recieved a formal letter stating that due to reengineering, my position was being eliminated. i was offered a severance package, but it was unacceptable. in the package i could not be employed by the company in any way. under hourly contract i could and did elect to go back to the hourly work force. i recieved complete seniourity for my continious service date(28years) towards my pension and vacation eligibility. under contract , when a person goes salary, he has 3 years to go back to the union without loosing job right status.after three years ,each year is counted against job rights and vacation picks. if a salary employee returns to the union, my questions are. 1. are the company and union able to agree to two different seniourity statuses. 2.recently my position that was eliminated is being officially performed again. what can i do? need help in pennsylvania !!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">