• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperation Agreement /Non-Disparagement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rhh

What is the name of your state? MN

As part of the Seperation agrement, the company nor I are allowed to make any disparaging comments about one another. Now I find that one of their larger customers, who I have applied for a portion has made disparaging comments which have halted the interview process. Do I have a basis for legal action?

Thanks in advance.....

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I very much doubt that their customers are party to the agreement between you and your company. The COMPANY has not made disparaging comments about you.

rhh

To clarify.... the past emploer who agrred to NOT make dispargong comments (per contract) has done just that to a company I had an ineterst in being employed by. Their comments about my seperation, pertformance, etc., have now halted the interview process.

moburkes

To clarify.... the past emploer who agrred to NOT make dispargong comments (per contract) has done just that to a company I had an ineterst in being employed by. Their comments about my seperation, pertformance, etc., have now halted the interview process.
They are allowed to give information that they believe to be true, when giving a reference. What did they say that is disparaging?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">