• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settle?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Big Bob

What is the name of your state? New York

I filed charges with the EEOC 2 years ago against my employer and was then fired. The EEOC then charged them with wrongful termination and found them guilty of such 1 year later.
The big company I worked for refused to settle the case or even answer the EEOC.
I got an attorney 7 months ago and the Judge ordered us to sit down next week and try to settle the case before my trial date of 1/05.
How often are these cases settled like this?
Will the big company just show up and offer next to nothing and walk out or is it in their best interest to get it over with?
How much money do things like this settle?
I appreciate any answer, you will answer quicker than the attorney I have.

Beth3

Sorry, Bob, but you're going to have to wait for your attorney to get back to you. No one here can have any idea how strong a claim you have, what the specifics of your claim are, related judgements and settlements, etc. Nor can we have any idea how your former employer will act at the conference. Nor does a determination of "probable cause" by the EEOC mean your employer actually has engaged in any unlawful activity. I'm not saying they didn't, just that that's not proof they did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">