• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement Agreement and Release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gregsmahoney

A short while ago, without cause, my former employer and I signed an agreement that I would resign under certain terms. The reason for this forced resignation was little more than ongoing differences of management styles between the company president and myself. A paragraph in the agreement states: I fully and finally release the company from any and all claims, charges, demands, judgements, damages, expenses, cost, losses of income, controversies, causes of action, liabilities, and claims for relief of every kind and nature, either in law or equity, whether direct or indirect, whether under federal law or any state, whether known or unknown, whether based on tort, contract, or other theory of recovery in any nature whatsoever, etc....
Does this sound like I would be in violation of this agreement if in filed for unemployment benefits in Ohio?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

No, because you are not dealing against the company. Besides, that agreement you signed, would hardly be enforced. It sounds vague and unconscionable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">