• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settlement final?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davething

I live in oklahoma and I want to know if you accept a settlement for a work comp. injury and in the future you need to have medical treatment or surgery for the same injury, can you have the case reopened in order for W. comp to pay for it or will it be out of pocket expense?Can you please explain the law regarding this, Is there a such thing as partial settlement, or just final settlement-case closed?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Workers comp law is state specific. We can't tell you what your state law allows since, in violation of the rules of this site, you failed to tell us what state you are in.

roscoe706

cbg said:
Workers comp law is state specific. We can't tell you what your state law allows since, in violation of the rules of this site, you failed to tell us what state you are in.
cbg, I have actually come to respect your opinions more as of late. And I know you have none for mine. But I had to chuckle at your use of the word "violation".

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't know what else to call it. There's a great big notice at the top of the screen: US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

If failure to follow that notice isn't a violation, I don't know what is.

Maybe it's semantics?

Thanks for the comment, anyway. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">