• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Severance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mitchell89

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA
My company is having some problems financially and I agreed to a voluntary lay-off. A severance package was verbally agreed to (11 weeks + accrued vacation time) by myself, my boss, and our CEO. I was then given a tentative severance agreement via e-mail (vacation time could change between the time of the agreement and my last day of work). My employer is now refusing to honor the severance agreement. Is the verbal and e-mail agreement legally binding?

Beth3

Nobody can answer that without reviewing exactly what was said and reading the emails in order to determine if a binding agreement was made. You're going to have to see an attorney to find out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">