• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

severance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

foxyfrog

I live on Long Island, New York..but worked in Stamford Ct.
I have been "let go" due to downsizing of a company, after one year of employment. I replaced a person who was leaving the position last year. Same job, same title. That person was with the company 3 years. The company paid her 6 wks severance and paid for 2 months Cobra. A proposal for the same pkg was presented to the CEO, one week ago, for myself. I have not heard a response. Is there a determination of "if one employee receives severence, others receive also."? Or is this at the discretion of the employer. This company has any employee handbook, however, it is basically applied to clerical staff. I am first string Management.

I also had a contract with them for certain work arrangements. Hours of employment, sick time, vacation, location of employment. Some of these arrangements were never accomplished. However, I never protested because it was not very important, nor did it affect my employment. There was an attempt to change my hours ( I live on Long Island, NY and comute to Connecticut-160Miles round-trip)but a compromise was met and satisfaction reached on both ends. The only hardship issue was that one-two days a week I would work from home/or a NY office. That never came about, due to work load in office and a compromising
situation with the NY office. This is probably not relevant, but I thought I would mention it

L

loku

Severance

There is no requirement that employees receive equal severance benefits; however, if there is a set policy, the company may be bound by it. Giving a severance package to one manager does not make it a policy, there would have to be a pattern.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">