• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Severance Benifits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mjmillerus

I'm in New Jersey and in the process of appealing a denied claim on my severance benifits. "Very Similar" claims filed by other co-workers a very short period ago were approved without a question.

My question is, can I use my fellow co-workers' Names in my appeal? The idea here is to strengthen my case by drawing similarities in our cases and request the management to reconsider my case in relative to the cases that were approved.

Also, in case the management still disagree with my case and continue to standby their decision on the co-workers' cases they approved a short period ago, is it fair on my part to demand a written explanation from the management on what grounds my case is denied and how my case is different than the others?

If I truely believe that the management is not consistent on their decisions and I believe that i have a strong case, What are my options to pursue this leagally? There are few others who are in the same boat as I am. So, is it better to pursue a case like this individually or collectively in a Class Action case?

Thank You very much.

[This message has been edited by mjmillerus (edited November 07, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by mjmillerus (edited November 07, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">