• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

severance pay offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

billijoe

What is the name of your state? California

I got a termination letter with a severance pay offer of 45 days if non compete agreement was signed. They never send me any non compete agreement. The employer made weekly payments for 3 weeks on severance. Now they stopped the payments, stating they are not interested anymore in a non compete agreement.
There is an outstanding comission payment they don't want to pay arguing they made severance payments for a non compete agreement they don't want me to sign anymore.
Furthermore I sent my office equipment back to them ( they are in NY) including laptop, which was in good condition. They say the laptop has been abused and is unusable. They also want the laptop replaced.
The severance payment offer is written. It says on the termination letter that any outstanding comission would be paid at the end of the month.

Last edited:

B

billijoe

Please read first message posted

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
:) It wasn't there when I made my comment.

Severance is not required by law. Whether the commissions are due you is a question of both state law and the written commission agreement, if one exists. I think you're going to have to take all relevant documents to a local attorney for review. This isn't something that can be easily handled on a message board. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">