• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Severance/ they're trying to chance what was promised

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DEBFIFTY

SEVERANCE

I was recently let go by an "at will" employer in Pennsylvania. He gave me a verbal on the severance. I asked for a written, and he would not respond. Now, he is saying that what I believed to be my severance is in fact incorrect. I was told that I was being given one year for each year of service, plus whatever vacation/personal days I had accrued. That should have been seven weeks, plus 3 weeks vacation. After recieveing 7 weeks pay, it stopped and now he's saying that my vacation was part of the 7 weeks.....(I had 3 wks vaca coming.) I'm wondering if I even have a leg to stand on? Is it worth my even getting an attorney and fighting? It's his word against mine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">