• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sew me for slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MyklH

I am 14. I recently quit my job becuase i was about to be fired. I was going to be fired because I demanded my boss tell me thank-you for cleaning his mess up. I then wrote him a letter in which i called him every name in the book. No body at work likes him and was glad that i did that. He then read the letter and called to telk to my mom saying that it was very slanderous letter and was giving it to his lawyers. She (has a copy) told him i shouldnt have sworn but she didnt think it was that slanderous. he protested saying he has the letter she couldnt have read it. then told my mother that he thought she was a better parent then that becuase i swore. My mother then demanded to talk to his wife in which he hung up on her. he called his wife andspoke to her in which is wife basically agreed to the letter. I am wondering can he sew me for slander because i call him a lazy b@$terd and @$$ hole. and told him he golf read the paper and bitched about his employees more then he worked(i did not like this man) please help!!

~Mykl

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You have nothing to be concerned about. If he "sews" you, ask him to make you a couple of shirts.

But, if he "sues" you, he won't win. I rather doubt that he will sue you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">