• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sex And Age Discrimination In Promotions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SHONROO

What is the name of your state? TENNESSEE

I AM A 32 YEAR OLD FEMALE WHO HAS BEEN EMPLOYED AT MY CURRENT JOB FOR TEN YEARS. I HAVE WORKED IN THE ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT FOR NINE AND ONE HALF OF THOSE YEARS. I WAS UP FOR A PROMOTION TO FISCAL OFFICER. I HAVE A BACHELOR DEGREE IN ACCOUNTING; WHICH IS ALL THE JOB REQUIRED. THE PERSON THEY ARE HIRING IS A MALE, RECENT COLLEGE GRADUATE WHO IS UNDER THE AGE OF TWENTY-SIX AND NEVER WORKED AT THIS AGENCY. I HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD WHY I WAS NOT PROMOTED.

DO I HAVE A CASE FOR SEX/AGE DISCRIMINATION?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That depends. What evidence do you have that "but for" your gender, you would have been promoted? What evidence can you supply to show that it is SOLELY because he is male that the employee who was hired, was given the job?

The fact that you are female and he is male is NOT, in itself, enough to base a claim on.

O

oberauerdorf

Boy, sex discrimination really does suck!!!

Imagine, the last job I had before I retired they wouldn't let me have sex on my OWN desk AFTER hours with the cleaning lady....DAMN LAWS!!!

Beth3

"Imagine, the last job I had before I retired they wouldn't let me have sex on my OWN desk AFTER hours with the cleaning lady....DAMN LAWS!!!" That's a Seinfeld episode, obiewan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">