• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sex discrimination/wrongful terminiation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jjdkus

to make a long story short, my boyfriend was out of work and i asked an old employer of mine if he could consider hiring him. this job is extremely easy. he would be working in a store that mainly sells wigs and hair weaves, also some other items like household appliances;basic stuff like that. at first when i called to ask him, he said no because he wanted a girl, not a guy. one week later he calls me and tells me to bring my boyfriend in so he could start almost right away. (the next day) so we went there and my boyfriend filled out the application form and they proceeded to discuss his salary. he started on the thursday and by saturday he was fired because he is not a girl!!! my ex-employer said that girls understand hair better. however, he told my boyfriend that he was doing very well and that he caught on really well, but his boss (which is his father) said that he would really prefer a girl for the job. my question is; isn't this sex discrimination along with wrongful termination? he was fired because he is not a girl. not because he did anything wrong or was not doing the job right. why hire him in the first place knowing that he is a man and not a woman and then fire him because he is not a woman??!! could this make a case? do you think a lawyer would take this case? the part that bothers me is that i asked him a week before and he said no because he wanted a girl and then he calls a week later wanting to hire my boyfriend (knowing he is a man) and then drop him because he is not a girl. please tell me what to do about this because this is just not right. oh! i forgot to mention; i live in florida.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">