• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this sexual harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lubee

What is the name of your state? Florida
I work at at well known coffee shop, and last week I put up a page from a calander.. It was a picture of a woman from a fifties magazine.( fully dressed). and it stated"
Sometimes I feel like a slut" Now this was in the back for employee's only, and it was only up for 2-3 minutes, since the asst. manager came in and stated that it could not be up. OK no probelm. This last Friday I was told by my manger that I was on suspension till Monday, when I will speak with the head office, to find out if I still have a job.

Can hey fire me for that?
If so will this ruin my chances for other employment?

Beth3

Sure they can fire you for that - it was a stupid thing to do. The ball is in their court as to what action they decide to take on Monday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">