• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual harassment meets wrongful termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jekkusu

Hey there I'm in Berkeley Ca dealing with something I never thought would happen: I lost my job for not wanting to date my boss. What am I supposed to do???

This is so unfair. I have so much evidence too (msn convos, text messages..) but because it's a small company with 15 employees is why I feel the lawyers don't want to take my case (even though its a $5.x million dollar company). I don't understand.. if it's not wrongful termination to release one of your hardest working employees because he wont date you, than what is?? This is so terrible and UNFAIR. I feel like this teeters between sexual harassment and wrongful termination, but then again, I'm not a legal person. I would love advice about how to deal with this.. since it's been miss or miss so far..What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

You can file a complaint with the EEOC. I think as long as there are 12 employees or more, they are subject to this law.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's 15, actually.

But in CA, I think it's only 5. So the poster could have a claim at the state level even if not at the Federal. But since the poster says there are 15 employees, she'll just sneak in under the wire.

Yes, jekkusu, by all means file with the EEOC and the state as well. If it is true that you were fired for not wanting to date your boss, that is indeed a wrongful termination.

Be prepared for your employer to give a different reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">