• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1madgrl

In the event of an affair between two equal employees(non-management), the affair was clearly ended. I have been harrassed, have a restraining order, stalked, followed harrassed by telephone, at my place of employment. Mangement was well aware, this was documented and witnessed, of the problem. My qustion is should I persue a sexual harrassment lawsuit against my employer for their reluctance in handling this harrasser. My family and I have suffered for my error in judgement for more than a year. I voluntarily moved to a new location within the company, however the harrassing behavior continues.(sexual, threatning me and my family, following,telephone) I think that I am entitled to damages for lost worktime( prior to this my attendance was excellent), had to file bankruptcy due to rhe lost wages and reduced income due to the new position. EEOC has just been notified last week and will start an investigation. What is some good advice? What are my rights?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You run this risk when you have an affair with someone in the office.

Ever heard of not fishing off of the company pier?

As to your employer, why don't you read about sexual harassment at the freeadvice.com homepage under EMPLOYMENT LAW.

I don't think you have much of a case because you voluntarily had the affair and continued your employment there. If the other person is a good employee and has been productive, the behavior displayed is not the fault of the employer.

If you feel the employer has enabled a hostile work environment, then speak to an employment labor law attorney in your state.

Otherwise, ever thought of a restraining order/criminal complaint against the harasser?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">