• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shady Job offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nvthomas

What is the name of your state? California

I was recently offered a job, and I'm not sure if it is exactly legal:confused:. I was wondering if someone could help me clarify. Below I have added the job description that they gave me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got your resume for the application for our ad on craigslist. We are sincerely sorry to inform you that the position for the Customer Service Representative has been occupied. Our hiring manager went through your resume and you have been picked for an alternative Job which is the Account Receivable Clerk. The Customer Service position has been occupied and now what we need is a representative and Account Receivable clerk for the company on financial issues.

About US
-----------------
Classic Arts Ltd is a Cyprus Based Company and with established, leaders in innovative Art Works, providing art materials worldwide. We serve the entire United States and a growing export market. Your primary task for now, as a representative of the company is to coordinate payments from customers and help us with the payment process. You are not involved in any sales. Once orders are received and sorted we deliver the product to a customer. After this has been done the customer has to pay for the products but in most cases we make our clients prepay for orders or items they ordered for. About 90 percent of our customers prefer to pay through Certified Checks or Money Orders drawn from the United State based on the amount involved why Only few decides on Bank Transfers which is not suitable. We have decided to open this new contract to hire job position for solving this problem. Your First Primary task (Collection of Payments)

ADVANTAGES
-------------------
You'll have a lot of free time doing another job, because this is a part time job and you will get good income. But this job is very challenging and you should understand it. We are considering your application because you satisfy our requirements and we are sure you will be an earnest assistant till we start running our branch office in your state. The job is absolutely legal. You can earn up to $2000-$4000 monthly depending on time you will spend for this job. You can do the Work easily without leaving or affecting your present Job.

JOB DESCRIPTION
-------------------------

1. Receive payment from Clients
2. Deposit Payments and then withdraw them at your Bank
3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.

For example, if you receive a payment of $3,000 from our client; you will deduct $300 which is 10% of the payment and forward the rest to us via our main head accountant. You can start making a minimum of $300 weekly and almost $2000 working as our part-time account clerk.

If you'll like to apply for the post of account clerk so you can be put on the job, kindly reply back with the details as requested below;

Silverplum

Xylene's right.
And it's the BANKING part that is the scam that'll get you.

JOB DESCRIPTION
-------------------------

1. Receive payment from Clients
2. Deposit Payments and then withdraw them at your Bank
3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.

For example, if you receive a payment of $3,000 from our client; you will deduct $300 which is 10% of the payment and forward the rest to us via our main head accountant. You can start making a minimum of $300 weekly and almost $2000 working as our part-time account clerk.

If you'll like to apply for the post of account clerk so you can be put on the job, kindly reply back with the details as requested below;

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">