• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sharing Information from a Private Meeting?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

touchofgrey

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
Many of you know my story so I don't want to bore you with details. I work in an independent school. My fitness to be a teacher has recently been called into question because I was assaulted in what, some consider to be, questionable circumstances. Today at a staff meeting, the president of the board of directors began to tell other members of the staff what occured at a closed session of the board when the subject of my continued employment was introduced. I protested and asked him not to share that information. He ignored my protestations and proceeded to tell my colleagues that there were a few members of the board that demanded that I be fired. (This, by the way, was the minority opinion). Legally speaking, is there anything wrong, with the prez of the board sharing this information from a closed meeting with my colleagues even after I asked him not to?

Beth3

Legally speaking, is there anything wrong, with the prez of the board sharing this information from a closed meeting with my colleagues even after I asked him not to? If you're asking whether there are any laws that require an employer to keep this information confidential, the answer is no. Whether the Board's bylaws require this information to be kept private is something I can't answer but it's very unlikely that they do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">