• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should i seek a lawer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emans

on the day i was supposed to work my scheduled shift i called the store to confirm my times. when the employee i talked to went to confirm my time the gm told him to tell me i wasnt scheduled for that day even though i had a print out of my schedule in my hand saying i worked that day. so i called my employer once again to ask what was going on and my gm told me that i had been taken off the schedule for that week so he could figure out what to do. i asked if i had been fired and he told me he needed to think a few things over and he would get back to me on the matter. his reasons for so were because he thought i had been looking for another job and he was also counting on me to pull a no call no show, which was not the case. many employees had left the weekend before of their own accord, including managers, and i was told that it was a "guilty by association" ordeal. now i am neither fired nor working, just in limbo and have heard nothing of the matter since. any suggestions? lewis center, ohio

Beth3

Apply for unemployment benefits and start looking for another job. The situation may be unfair but it isn't illegal so you don't need an attorney.

Banned_Princess

on the day i was supposed to work my scheduled shift i called the store to confirm my times. when the employee i talked to went to confirm my time the gm told him to tell me i wasnt scheduled for that day even though i had a print out of my schedule in my hand saying i worked that day. so i called my employer once again to ask what was going on and my gm told me that i had been taken off the schedule for that week so he could figure out what to do.

i asked if i had been fired and he told me he needed to think a few things over and he would get back to me on the matter. his reasons for so were because he thought i had been looking for another job and he was also counting on me to pull a no call no show, which was not the case. many employees had left the weekend before of their own accord, including managers, and i was told that it was a "guilty by association" ordeal. now i am neither fired nor working, just in limbo and have heard nothing of the matter since. any suggestions? lewis center, ohio
Apply for unemployment. They will determine if you are elegible.

Not sure what you want a lawyer for, there is nothing legally wrong with your story.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">