• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I sign this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lexi

What is the name of your state? SC

I am a volunteer in an organization that represents clients. My responsibilities include going to court on behalf of those clients. Legal representation is provided for me on each case. Recently I broke the organizations policy stating that I would not transport clients in my private motor vehicle.

When my director found out that I had in fact transported a client, he removed me from that particular case but later asked if I would agree to sign a statement agreeing that I had broken the policy, agreeing to be removed from the case, but also releasing the attorneys as my representation on this case.

I have no problem admitting to what I did, but should I sign this----releasing the attorneys doesn't feel right? What is their purpose? Are they trying to cover themselves if something comes up in the future regarding the incident?

Thanks,
Lexi

BelizeBreeze

this is not a legal question.

Either sign or not. That's a personal decision.

THere is no way we know why they want you to sign such a document unless you give us a name and phone number so we can call and ask....which is what you should be doing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">