• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

show-up time

• Thread starter nitestarz1821762
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nitestarz1821762

My daughter with special needs just got a job through a special program in a restaurant in Colorado. She has been there for a month now and only works week-ends. We have had several problems already but the one that concerns me the most is when they have her scheduled to be there at a certan time, and I have her there, then they decide they arent busy enough to use her and send her home. They do not allow her to punch in. Arent they suppose to pay her some kind of show-up time? Thank you for your help.

B

buddy2bear

Make an appointment with the person running the special needs program and bring your concerns to them. After all, they will never know there is a problem with the employer unless a participant in this program tells them, particularly since this employer is probably getting a tax credit or some other incentive for hiring special needs individuals from this program.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">