• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sick Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chelle1076

What is the name of your state? Texas

If I have a doctors note saying to excuse me from work can the employer tell me to come into work anyways?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, they can. A doctor's note has no force in law.

The only exception would be if the illness in question qualified for FMLA, AND you had been approved for intermittant time off for that condition.

gwm65

cbg said:
Yes, they can. A doctor's note has no force in law.

The only exception would be if the illness in question qualified for FMLA, AND you had been approved for intermittant time off for that condition.
***BE CAREFUL*** CBG is an HR person with an obvious bias for employers. Just keep an open mind and know you may have to look elsewhere for an unbiased answer.

enjay

gwm65 said:
***BE CAREFUL*** CBG is an HR person with an obvious bias for employers. Just keep an open mind and know you may have to look elsewhere for an unbiased answer.
Go play somewhere else. CBG knows her stuff.

gwm65

enjay said:
Go play somewhere else. CBG knows her stuff.
She may know her stuff, but she still presents it with a bias for the employer most of the time. Just stating the facts.

Beth3

And the facts are that cbg's answer above is 100% accurate.

Your "facts" are no more than the opinion of a distruntled poster who discovered the law did not provide the answer he wanted.

gwm65

Beth3 said:
And the facts are that cbg's answer above is 100% accurate.

Your "facts" are no more than the opinion of a distruntled poster who discovered the law did not provide the answer he wanted.

Excuse me? You haven't a clue either, do you? The company I'm dealing with BROKE THE LAW. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. CBG is not the law.....she provided a biased answer. Research her posts. I'm not the first who feels she is biased. By the way, I received an unbiased answer elsewhere. Just doing my duty.

gwm65

Beth3 said:
Excuse me? No, you're not excused nor are you correct.

Enough already.
Then you explain to me how I am not correct. Explain to me how her response to me was not biased. I'm a reasonable person, let's hear it.

ENASNI

gwm65 said:
Then you explain to me how I am not correct. Explain to me how her response to me was not biased. I'm a reasonable person, let's hear it.
First I do not see that you are a reasonable person, second get off of cbg's trail or you are history on this board.

Cbg has donated time and experience to to this forum and has done so much good that I want to make her a saint.
I have two words for you, and I can not say them without getting censored so I will change them to.

"Anger Management".

gwm65

ENASNI said:
First I do not see that you are a reasonable person, second get off of cbg's trail or you are history on this board.

Cbg has donated time and experience to to this forum and has done so much good that I want to make her a saint.
I have two words for you, and I can not say them without getting censored so I will change them to.

"Anger Management".
Right back at you...the feeling is mutual. Still waiting for the explanation......you don't know me, so don't judge me. If I'm wrong, I'll say I'm wrong........I hope I am....now prove it.

Beth3

Then you explain to me how I am not correct. Explain to me how her response to me was not biased. cbg explained her rationale fully. I see no need to repeat it. You chose to read bias into her answer.

I'm a reasonable person, let's hear it. Reasonble people, having received free legal information from an upaid responder who had no other purpose but to try and help a stranger, don't then post all over the Board bashing the person who lent them assistance, even if they don't agree with the answer.

gwm65

Beth3 said:
Then you explain to me how I am not correct. Explain to me how her response to me was not biased. cbg explained her rationale fully. I see no need to repeat it. You chose to read bias into her answer.

I'm a reasonable person, let's hear it. Reasonble people, having received free legal information from an upaid responder who had no other purpose but to try and help a stranger, don't then post all over the Board bashing the person who lent them assistance, even if they don't agree with the answer.
I didn't bash her. I stated it in as nice a way as possible, while telling the truth. You see no need to repeat it because you know I'm right. It's all there in black and white. If I had any idea that an HR person would be the one responding to my inquiry, I would have never posted it. I thought attorneys answered all questions here. It's a CONFLICT OF INTEREST for an HR person, who would have a natural bias for the employer, to answer ANY questions for people who are having legal troubles with employers. You cannot convince me otherwise...so end of story. I'm done wasting my time here. If I've warned a few people here, then I've done my duty.

ENASNI

gwm65 said:
I didn't bash her. I stated it in as nice a way as possible, while telling the truth. You see no need to repeat it because you know I'm right. It's all there in black and white. If I had any idea that an HR person would be the one responding to my inquiry, I would have never posted it. I thought attorneys answered all questions here. It's a CONFLICT OF INTEREST for an HR person, who would have a natural bias for the employer, to answer ANY questions for people who are having legal troubles with employers. You cannot convince me otherwise...so end of story. I'm done wasting my time here. If I've warned a few people here, then I've done my duty.
A Human Resource person is a Liaison between employee and employer, to Help the employee with any problems they may be having. You have proven over and over you are not reasonable and you have not gone away. You have not done any "duty" if you have looked around these boards you will see what cbg, beth and others here have done to reassure, aid and lead these people the right way to get assistance. and yes sometimes SUE their employers... Get a grip Jerk.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">