• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

to sick to work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ihopeso

What is the name of your state? oregon

I have been to sick to work and it looks like I will not be able to go back to work any time soon. I have called HR at my work but they have not returned my calls. I need to know what I can do, i can not afford to not be working, how do I get help? can i sing up for disablity? can I quit and file for unemployment? what can I do to get money help? is they a state or fedral program that can help me? am I going to loss my job due to being sick?

ecmst12

If you qualify for FMLA, your employer is required to hold your job for 12 weeks. Beyond that, you have no protection. If you have short or long term disability insurance through your job, you can certainly file a claim, if your doctor will certify that you are unable to work. You definitely do not need a lawyer for that. You can NOT receive unemployment benefits if you quit, or if you are physically unable to work. You have to be able to work and actively seeking work in order to qualify for UC.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Oregon has no state disability program. We do not have enough information to opine whether you would qualify for any Federal programs.

If you are medically unable to work, you do not qualify for unemployment.

If your employer has short or long term disability benefits, you can apply for those.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">