• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sideswiped by HR manager

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dave Berg

Texas,

I work for a company that is going through a joint venture-merger, all managers are being re-interviewed for position. My former roll was regional sales manager.
I was pre-screened by HR and moved forward to the final interview unsure of the recomendation I received from HR.
10 days later..I found out the HR manager that interviewed me took the job as regional sales manager.
I think this is morally wrong...Is it illegal?

Beth3

Of course not. The company can hire or promote whomever they want.

It may not even be morally wrong. The HR Manager may have been the best candidate for the job (you don't know what his prior experience has been), although the potential for a conflict in interest certainly arises when a candidate for the job is involved in the recruiting process. Of course we don't know if he'd put his name in the hat or if after interviewing external candidates management approached the HR Manager and asked if he'd be interested in the job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">