• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sign on bonus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

babs4him

What is the name of your state? Ohio

i recieved a sign on bonus upon beginning employment with a hospital the contract i signed stated i am required to work 12 months after reciept of the final payment ( i recieved full payment up front at the beginning of my employment and the contract is dated for the payment and payment amount) further in the contract it states that i am to remain employed in a certain department for 24 months . ( i have been pulled to work other departments on various occasions and was not told before hand that they would require me to do this) it also states that i agree to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period. ( i have been called off on many occasions that reduce my hours below what the contract stated) the contract also states that if i terminate before fulfilling the contract they have the right to cancel any or all of the money paid and that i will have to repay the amount plus 25% interest. I have been with this company for longer than the 12 month period first stated in my contract and i feel that they have violated the rest of the contract . My question is this . I have moved to help take care of my mother who had a stroke and the drive is too much for me to continue (about 2 hours) . i would like to find employment closer to home . If i quit can they make me repay any of the bonus back?

Beth3

You're going to have to show your employment contract to a local attorney to get an answer. The exact wording of the agreement and your State's case law are the relevant issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">