• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sign on bonus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jhosker

I live in Massachusetts.
My company has given me a retention bonus to continue working following a merger. The letter states.."A retention bonus conditioned upon your continuing as an employee of (company) the following: $$$$ payable upon consummation of the Merger and $$$$ payable to you on the first anniversary of the merger and $$$$ payable to you on the second anniversary of the merger." My question is, if I give my notice, but continue to work past the second anniversary, would I still be paid for the bonus? Thank you for your help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Impossible to say without seeing the exact wording of the entire document, but I'm in MA too and my opinion, based on what you have provided, is that you would receive it as long as you were working on the day it was to be paid out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">