• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signature

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rsweetz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky
I work for a computer repair facility and they want us to sign the for that return with the computer to the client.

Can an employer require an employee to sign a form that goes direcly to the clients?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mlane58

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky
I work for a computer repair facility and they want us to sign the for that return with the computer to the client.

Can an employer require an employee to sign a form that goes direcly to the clients?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Simple answer - Yes. There isn't a law thats prohibits them from requiring it.

rsweetz

I kown that a company can not use an identifier such as an employee numer on the paperwork. A signature is attached to that identifier. Can I use that logic to open the discussion to have the signature policy removed?

mlane58

I kown that a company can not use an identifier such as an employee numer on the paperwork. A signature is attached to that identifier. Can I use that logic to open the discussion to have the signature policy removed?
I am not sure what you think you know, but there isn't a law either about employee numbers and signatures. You are really just barking up the wrong tree and should just leave it be or start looking for other employment.

eerelations

At my job I'm required to sign all the letters I send out (and I send out quite a lot of letters!), and there's no law against making me do that!

steelworker34

:confused::confused:

Maybe I am just very thick but I cannot think of many jobs that don't requiring someone signing-off something to the customer...

On my desk at the moment I have a computer warranty sticker (signed by technician), boiler maintenance form (signed by plumber) and car repair form (signed by mechanic)

CourtClerk

At my job I'm required to sign all the letters I send out (and I send out quite a lot of letters!), and there's no law against making me do that!
At my job, I'm required to sign my name to things and they get sent out.

In fact, down in the filing offices, each of the court's receipts (that they give to the public after payment) has that person's employee number on the receipt, inside of the receipt number. Makes people easily identifiable to other court staff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">