• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signed a release-can it be broken?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pennsyl

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I was employed as a mid-level executive in a company for over 25 years. I had a supervisor for two years that did not evaluate me or meet with me. With no warning, he called and said that the top supervisor wanted to go over my yearly evaluation. He also stated that I had better not dispute anything or push back on the boss because it might eliminate any options I had. I was brought in and told that I should retire by the boss and that I was not getting the job done. I did try to disagree, but the boss said that we saw it differently. The boss did not evaluate me--that was done by my immediate supervisor. All my peer evaluations and subordinate evaluations were very positive during this time period and previously. I was shocked at this action. Afterwards, the human resources department contacted me and did everything correct in having me sign an agreement and release including time to do it and encouragement to seek legal advice from an attorney. I did all this stating that I fully understood. I want to know if I have any recourse because I was in shock during this time and afraid not to sign. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">