• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

onmyown

The facts which I am about to write occurred in Forest Park, Georgia. I am active duty military at the present time. The organization in which I work is in the process of going from military employees to civilians. For the past two years, my current supervisor, who is a civilian treated the other two women (now retired) very badly. He would even talk badly about them to me and others in this section. They retired and now I am the only female working with six other males. Now he talks badly about me when he is with the other males in this section. This profession does not have many women working in it. About a month ago, my current supervisor and I had a huge disagreement. Since then, I heard that someone damaged his vehicle and he has told other people that he suspects me. I heard this through a third or fourth party whom does not even work in our organization. Where we have to park, anyone could have done it. I don't know exactly what he said to these other people, but he making accusations that I damaged his vehicle. I work in the law enforcement profession and this type of accusations could definitely destroy my reputation for future employment.

I would appreciate any help you could provide me with in regards to possibly suing my supervisor for slander.

Thank you very much.

Onmyown

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

If he is damaging you in your reputation at work, then you can sue him for slander, but be prepared to prove he is false. I.e. alibis, any videotapes taken of parking lot. Other people who had motives, etc.

Get a lawyer to help you in this. Maybe the threat of a lawsuit (very good case) is what he needs to shut up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">