• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wisdom4

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Last Week my Employer informed me that he was terminating my employment due to turning in a incorrect timesheet. This occured during my probation period so i understand that he can probably let me go with no reason whatsoever. The problem is that HIS supervisor said that the timesheet WAS NOT INCORRECT. In the mean time, my supervisor was telling everyone that the only reason I was being terminated was due to false information on the timesheet and that I was Stealing from My Employer and was not to be trusted anymore. Is this Slander? do I have a case given these circumstances?

I have no verbal or written reprimands in my personel file and up to the date of termination I had been told I was doing a good job..From my Co-Workers AND by my supervisor. I feel My boss is threatened by me because he feels I may wind up with his job

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

. . . and, when you conducted a "search" of these forums, as is required before you post a question that may have already been answered, what did you find out?

Click on the "search" tab at the top of this page.

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When you say your supervisor is telling, "everyone", what or whom does "everyone" refer to?

And was the timesheet incorrect?

R

Ramoth

Edited just because. Sorry to waste your time.

Last edited:
W

wisdom4

Timesheet was correct

Supervisior made statement to local county officials
who could determine my future employment in this
area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">