• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander/unemployment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cook4andy

My job title was hostess-Florida

My last day of work was Nov. 30th.

With no prior notice on Monday Dec. 3rd "while getting ready to go to work" I get a call from my manager telling me they are changing the schedule that I didn't have to come in until the next day then I get a call saying I didn't have to come in until the following week.

Unaware, I was being called a thief, I went in to my place of employment to sign up for any extra hours in the event anyone called in. I was shunned and basically ignored. Then I found out through a third party that I was being accused of some money missing from the register. I was NOT the only one on the register at any given time.

I called the owner of the resturant I worked at and told him what I heard about the theift, he denied it and asked where I'd heard that "he was very rude and yelling btw"
The rumor was passed by the asst. manager and I told him this on the phone, he put the mangager and the asst. manager on three way on the phone with me and the asst. manager basically admitted saying "well, it looked like it was you".

So, when I ask him what my shift is now that they changed it, he say's he has nothing for me until after the New Year.

I went and applied for temporary unemployment. I have two young children with both birthdays in December.

My boss is fighting my unemployment, he saying I left on my own. This is a total untruth!!

I think he was hoping I'd just go away and didn't fire me to avoid me getting unemployment.

I was turned down for unemployment because of what he said. Is there anything I can do?

Any information will be greatly appreciated!!

mlane58

My job title was hostess-Florida

My last day of work was Nov. 30th.

With no prior notice on Monday Dec. 3rd "while getting ready to go to work" I get a call from my manager telling me they are changing the schedule that I didn't have to come in until the next day then I get a call saying I didn't have to come in until the following week.

Unaware, I was being called a thief, I went in to my place of employment to sign up for any extra hours in the event anyone called in. I was shunned and basically ignored. Then I found out through a third party that I was being accused of some money missing from the register. I was NOT the only one on the register at any given time.

I called the owner of the resturant I worked at and told him what I heard about the theift, he denied it and asked where I'd heard that "he was very rude and yelling btw"
The rumor was passed by the asst. manager and I told him this on the phone, he put the mangager and the asst. manager on three way on the phone with me and the asst. manager basically admitted saying "well, it looked like it was you".

So, when I ask him what my shift is now that they changed it, he say's he has nothing for me until after the New Year.

I went and applied for temporary unemployment. I have two young children with both birthdays in December.

My boss is fighting my unemployment, he saying I left on my own. This is a total untruth!!

I think he was hoping I'd just go away and didn't fire me to avoid me getting unemployment.

I was turned down for unemployment because of what he said. Is there anything I can do?

Any information will be greatly appreciated!!
You can appeal the decision and the burden of proof will fall back to the employer to prove their assertions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">