• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slight problem ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jude47

What is the name of your state? Fl
I was fired no date of incidents for "" rudeness" no date of not following policy and procedure . proformance records were very good . New Administrator with Major attitude . I think she wants her friends in facility.
She was in home health care agency . I have documentation to support conflict of interest while she was in home health agency . Can I use this evidence now against facility? DOH I am sure will be interested .
Do I have a wrongful termination ?? I have contacted a attorney am awaiting a call back.
I have kept all me records and maintained all notes from any conversations in the facility. New administrator tends to speaks out of three sides of her mouth .I have witness to any concern ... however not sure if they were intiminated by loss of job.

Also, my Uncle is a ex senator in Pa and my cousin works as DA in Delaware Co. in PA do you think I should notify them of possible misconduct within this facility. Facility is owned by Ohio Co.

BelizeBreeze

jude47 said:
What is the name of your state? Fl
I was fired no date of incidents for "" rudeness" no date of not following policy and procedure . proformance records were very good . New Administrator with Major attitude .
So? irrelevant.
I think she wants her friends in facility.
Again, irrelevant
She was in home health care agency . I have documentation to support conflict of interest while she was in home health agency . Can I use this evidence now against facility?
That's up to the agency whether or not they give a rat's ass.
DOH I am sure will be interested .
then what are you doing here?
Do I have a wrongful termination ??
Nope. Not in the least.
I have contacted a attorney am awaiting a call back.
O.k.
I have kept all me records and maintained all notes from any conversations in the facility. New administrator tends to speaks out of three sides of her mouth .I have witness to any concern ... however not sure if they were intiminated by loss of job.
And what does that have to do with your issue, which is that in an at-will state, you can be fired for being 1 second late for work or just because.
Also, my Uncle is a ex senator in Pa and my cousin works as DA in Delaware Co. in PA do you think I should notify them of possible misconduct within this facility. Facility is owned by Ohio Co.
listen, you're coming here and asking about wrongful termination and using what you THINK is misconduct as your defense? Sure, waste everyone's time. But your throwing names around doesn't impress anyone and it doesn't change the fact that you have no wrongful termination case.

BelizeBreeze

jude47 said:
don't know if you are an attorney but .. you are just as nasty as the rest of Florida
Oh well I'm sooooo FRIKKIN' sorry. I was mistaken. I thought you came here for VALID LEGAL ADVICE.

O.K. here's what you want to hear.

At-will employment means you have the RIGHT TO WORK wherever and whenever you want. So you can sue the *******s and win millions, retire to a nice mountaintop and tell the world to kiss your ass.

Now, wake up. it's time to get a new job. :D

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'll put it slightly differently.

A wrongful termination means that there is a specific law that prohibits an employer from firing you for the reason they did.

Since there is not only no law prohibiting them from firing you for rudeness, but there is also no law prohibiting them from firing you so the director can hire her friends, you do not have a wrongful termination.

BelizeBreeze

cbg said:
I'll put it slightly differently.

A wrongful termination means that there is a specific law that prohibits an employer from firing you for the reason they did.

Since there is not only no law prohibiting them from firing you for rudeness, but there is also no law prohibiting them from firing you so the director can hire her friends, you do not have a wrongful termination.
Party Pooper !!!

jude47

thank you cbg

ok ! I lost . I think more legislation is needed in Fl . to protect employee's.
Any idea's on where to start?? Thanks !

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
While I agree that FL has very poor protection for employees, what you describe would not be a wrongful term in any state except Montana, and not even always in Montana.

Any time you want a law changed, amended or created, the place to start is by lobbying your elected representatives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">