• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Floydlad

What is the name of your state? california.

Would small claims court accepts a case of $40,000.00 claim for business that never took off? This was the advice I received when I posted my case to the attoney on this site.
Does anyone knows an attorney that would agree of payment after the case is won on a 40 to 60 percentage basis?

JETX

Floydlad said:
Would small claims court accepts a case of $40,000.00 claim for business that never took off?
California small claims limit is $5000, or no more than two cases of $2500 each per year.
The court won't accept that large a claim, no matter what you cause was.

This was the advice I received when I posted my case to the attoney on this site.
Where?? The only other post you made on this forum was about a lost 'investment' (no amount stated). I was the one who responded, and NOTHING was said about small claims. In fact, I said you had no case at all.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=246743

Does anyone knows an attorney that would agree of payment after the case is won on a 40 to 60 percentage basis?
That fee basis is within the range of several normal fees, so there may be a local attorney who would accept that offer. However, before the attorney would invest his/her time and energy, there would have to be at least a reasonable chance of winning. And as stated in your other post, there isn't any in your case (in my opinion).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">