• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small wage claim now Million$ suit against me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

canaima

Filed wage claim 4/99 for unpaid meal periods while working as Weekend administrator at residential care facitlity for elderly, for approx 1,400 + waiting time penalties. Found Atty in phone book. Lost claim. Atty went on to file 2 class action suits based on same circs, i was not a party. Suits dismissed with prejudice. Now I, & my witness, nurse's aide at facility, are being sued along with former atty, for malicious prosecution (saying I lied about lost wages)stat. violations(filing false claims). I have no cash/assets. Fmr atty will not discuss b/c of conflict. Any ideas. there are other complications as well.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I have two comments:

1. Complain to your state bar about this former attorney for violating his attorney client privilege with you and suing in a class action without you.

2. Get another attorney via legal aid in your county (call the bar and ask them for telephone numbers, names, etc.) and countersue the employer for filing a frivoulous claim against you (ask for a summary judgment based on lack of arguable facts, no claim, etc) and sue your former attorney for this.

Very complicated situation. next time, do not get a lawyer from the phone book. Whether you use services like attorneypages.com or the state bar lawyer referral or referral from friends, contact the state bar and ask to see their disciplinary record to make sure they have a clean record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">