• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

So Can I do anything???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BrandiMshell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? illinois

Okay im going to try to make a long story short..basically i got evicted from my apartment..after trying to pay them..so when i moved i left a bunch of stuff....not the point..a "friend" of my bosses called him and said that he wouldnt be back in to the resteraunt as long as i worked there because I was "gross" because of the way i left the apartment..and no one that worked there would be back in..so my boss told me to look for another job..if i didnt have one within two weeks i was basically fired...he knew i had a warrant for a fine i hadnt paid...just throwing that in there..because after work one evening a police officer was waiting outside for me..i was not on the clock i worked my shift..he was like maim do you know you have a warrant..my boss who was in the office happens to walk outside..see's me getting arrested..so i got released the next morning..no biggie..i called and said i would be there for my shift..and they said ..no dont bother coming back in....my question..can i really lose my job because the way i left my apartment? And two..i didnt miss any shifts..i wasnt on the clock..can they fire me for a warrant for a fine..even though they knew..and there is no rule? It just doesnt seem fair..i didnt miss any shifts..or do anything wrong at my job..it was my personal life..and they didnt interfere...my boss just has a personal problem with me from my apartment. Is that illegal? I worked there for 3 1/2 years. Any input or comments would be greatly appericated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

commentator

File for unemployment insurance. You were not fired for misconduct related to work. They don't have a policy of firing for being taken away in a police car. It could very well have been some sort of mistaken arrest situation or something. If they want to, they can fire you for absolutely any reason. But you may qualify for unemployment benefits.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
If they want to, they can fire you for absolutely any reason.
Well, that's not true, although I'm pretty sure you mean if they want to fire her for an illegal reason, they'll find a legal reason. Which is, for the most part, realistic if not legal.

I just didn't want anyone reading that to get the wrong idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">